1989 - Music teaching degree majoring in piano at the Folkwang College (Hochsschule für Musik, Essen, Germany).
1990 - Piano and harpsichord building training at the Seiler Pianoforte manufacture in Kitzingen, Germany.
The focus of his tasks has been the care of privately and institutionally owned pianos, both in the field and in the workshop, as well as concert service,CD and radio recordings.
1994 - Master examination in piano and harpsichord building.
Establishment of his own company "Piano-Enzenauer-Meisterbetrieb" for uprights, grands and historical keyboard-instruments.
Research and development in the field of piano building techniques become a further focal point of his enterprise. This has lead to work as appraiser and lecturer.
2009 - establishment of the „Enzenauer-Flügel-Manufaktur GmbH“ by Jan Enzenauer, together with his brother, marketing specialist and consultant Michael Enzenauer.
- State Guild of Musical Instruments Builders: Head of Piano Department
- State Guild of Musical Instruments Builders: Member of the Board
- grand master, Nordrhein/Westfalen Süd Musical Instruments Builders‘ Guild
- lecturer at the GDM e.V. (German Union of Traders in Musical Supplies), 2003-2005
- officially appointed expert of the Industry and Trade Chamber at Köln for uprights, grands and historical keyboard-instruments
- German Piano-Builders Union (BDK e.V.)
- Expert Committee of the BDK
- Master Examination Committee of the BDK
- Master Examination Committee for Piano and Harpsichord of the Düsseldorf Trades Chamber
- Nordrhein/Westfalen Süd Musical Instruments Builders‘ Guild
- co-founder and member of „Lehrgut – Arbeitskreis Instrumentalpädagogik“
Research activities in:
Lectures on selected research results in Germany and abroad:
2000, Berlin, Seminar for BDK members in the musical instruments museum MIM
2000, Cavalese, Italy, Europiano Congress 2000
2001, Ludwigsburg, Bundesfachschule, exclusive lecture for teachers of the Bundesfachschule, Dept. Piano Building
2001, Frankfurt, Pianohaus Atzert
2002, Bristol, England, PTA-meeting
2002, Ludwigsburg, BDK annual conference
2004, Schloss Kapfenburg, BDK annual conference
2006, SVKS, General Assembly
2006, Musikhochschule Frankfurt, Seminar „Introduction to the Movement Processes of a Grand Action from a Pianist’s View“
2007, WHG Gymnasium Leverkusen: „Piano meets Physics“
Development and production of tools
Equipment development and production
Product development and optimizing of instruments